- To do to have something done … what is the difference?
- Can I use “if any” in this sentence?
- Omitting “which is”
- ___ of the students should do his own work
- What does “golden thread” mean in this sentence?
- I had forgotten: past perfect without time references
- Can we use present perfect for a finished event
- When + [Present Participle Simple] vs When + [Present Participle Continious]
- lead up to - use
- Furious with vs at
- Recently viewed products not showing for NOT LOGGED CUSTOMERS in magento 2
- Magento 2 - Track order button not work
- One Page Checkout freezes at step 1 and doesn't progress ahead
- Magento Community Edition 1.9 End of life
- Magento 2 Commerce. Is there a cron that runs rabbitmq consumers?
- Magento 2 : Custom Report with Two Table Join issue
- Redirecting to home page
- How to call static block by xml to phtml without refrence
- Importing products taking a long time
- After login to magento it display HTML source
Why is using eval necessary to pass quoted arguments
I have the following example.
ARGUMENTS="-executors 1 -description \"The Host\" "
# error: parameter Host" is not allowed
java -jar swarm-client.jar $ARGUMENTS
# works fine with eval
eval java -jar swarm-client.jar $ARGUMENTS
In $ARGUEMENTS I have a quoted argument.
I do not understand, why grouping of argument by escaped quotes is working in call1.
I do not understand, why eval is necessary to resolve the quoting.
I think I do not understand the process / the order of command evaluation in shell. Who can explain?