- How do I care for a pregnant platy?
- My platy is pregnant! Help ASAP!
- Do I need external IP for Tor Node?
- WMAP beam profile
- Sunlight intensity during a day
- Turn off HDRI shadow casting
- How to deform individual particles along the same curve guide that they are all traveling on?
- Subdivision surface modifier error
- Establish a variable inside a driver expression
- Partly Ignored PNG Alpha?
- Bendy Bones alternative
- Subsurf modifier and texturing the UV
- There is a way to add custom split normal use python api?
- Different router with different speed
- Metadata Size on CFF Explorer
- How is a keygen made by reversing a software?
- Cannot see component uri in RTF xlink:href from DXA Model Service
- Error in action controller DXA.net 1.7
- How can we all together clean up the vast plastic carpets in our Oceans?
- meaning of “be knocked off”
How could electricity cause worldwide death?
I am exploring a world in which:
Electricity does not work/is banned
All those older than approx. 35 years are dead.
My current thinking is electricity has somehow wiped out all those older than 35 and this event would need have something to do with telomeres. Perhaps it was an experiment on immortality that went terribly wrong causing electricity to kill those with shorter telomeres across the world? Or a virus?
It does not need to be terribly realistic, just vaguely conceivable. I am not sure how it would play out with lightning either!
I could make my age range younger, so that it kills all those older than 24 –then it could be linked to brain development, given it is only at around 25 that we stop developing.
Do you have any ideas?
An addition: One of the key outcomes of this world is to transport our future back to the Renaissance i.e. causing the collapse of modern society/ governance structures and disruption to travel, communication, factory farmi
How about a future World with body modifications, where any adult has some "mods", electronic replacements? If in this World something goes terribly wrong, so anyone who has mods will die and electronics might be banned.2017-07-17 12:33:28
The only way I can see this work through is if somehow the electromagnetic field generated by the electricity affected the brain or some other organ in a negative way (ie: cancer).
Some studies are being done to study the relation of electromagnetic fields and cancer.
Electromagnetic Fields and Cancer2017-07-17 12:42:06
EM Pulse Source
The only thing that would reliably prevent electronics working (albeit not electricity per se, which doesn't seem conceivable) is an electromagnetic pulse. If an international conflict involved an arms race over EM weapons and then something went catastrophically wrong (think Dr Strangelove), then you could conceivably have some weapons pile or malfunctioning device which sporadically gave out an EM pulse, re-frying any electronics that anyone attempted to re-create.
A world without electronics
Electronics underlies all long-range communications; since the beginning of the 20th century we have made it an increasingly necessary part of our lives. Without it, we would be back to 19th century methods of transport, communication, etc. We would have an awful knowledge of what things could be like, but unreachably.
Electricity itself would work, but without electronics it is very difficult to control it beyond on and off. It would be flickering-light-bulb technology, no2017-07-17 13:09:03