- How do I link a Website event to the activation of an or multiple LED(s)
- Calculating pH of remaining solution after acid-base reaction
- Why the boiling and melting points of n-alkanes are higher than those of iso- or neo-?
- How to evaluate enthalpy variation of combustion of sucrose in a constant volume calorimeter?
- Can corrosion from hydrogen peroxide solution model the corrosion protection activities of Al coating?
- What are the parameters of protonation of a molecule?
- How to get Sodium(Na, Pure) from Cooking Salt (NaCl)?
- How to get back to “enter SIM pin” screen?
- How do I answer questions about my unemployment period?
- What is a polite (not 100%) way to say 'you mind your own business'?
- I have five plus years experience as graphic designer but i done my graduation very recently.
- My contract is ending. Is it acceptable to just leave without any talk with the employer?
- How to deal with spoilers at work?
- Asking for a (level) demotion?
- basic mapping reductions without using Turing machines
- How to systematically think about building implicit tree or a search space graph?
- Count arrays with size n, sum k and largest element m
- Polynomial time approximation of NPC problem
- What is the Name of This Problem?
- Is there an algorithm that can solve chess within the span of a human lifetime?
Why is the flight route going back to Vancouver different than it was going to Istanbul?
I was on a flight (can't remember its number) from Vancouver to Istanbul, and this was the route (as described by Hudson who was with me)
We took off from YVR, headed north-east into Northern Alberta, then eventually over northern Saskatchewan and Nunavoot, then over Hudson Bay, the northern islands of Canada, Greenland, then the Atlantic, Norway, Sweden, headed south-east through Denmark, touched the edge of Russia a bit and then kept going south until we landed in Istanbul.
On the way back however, we went from Istanbul heading northeast until we reached Russia, headed east-north east, went pretty close to the pole, then went south east over the eastern part of the Aleutian Islands, then we bore south-east towards the B.C. coast, then we turned strait south into Vancouver.
Why is there such a variation in the route on the return journey? what factors played into this?
note that I described as best I could based on her description of our route because I am blind, an