- How does the law guarantee true disregard by jurors?
- If the defendant declines the plaintiff's counsel's request to give evidence, then how did the latter err?
- Tuberculosis: Lung scarring and weight gain
- Recommendations for cervical kyphosis treatment
- How to display all files to select and insert in editor?
- How to save the source code of a PDF file after opening it in Vim?
- Please help me understand this concept on energy loss and force
- Econometric estimation of Engel curves (or demand?)
- recession and price
- What was the 'quantum mechanics' before quantum mechanics?
- Imenu- Index item: [No match]
- What would be the effects on the enviroment if a Giant walks by in an world with Earth like physics?
- What are the Vaishnava sampradAyas that are based on vAmAchara?
- What happened to Radha/Rukmini after lord Krishna left?
- Getting “Invalid verification code.” on password reset
- The Harry Potter Potions Riddle
- Rubiks cube unknown twisted corner
- How would you visualize data that comes in the millions of records?
- (RFC) Data set metadata standard/format?
- How to interpret long equations in Deep Learning papers
Why is the flight route going back to Vancouver different than it was going to Istanbul?
I was on a flight (can't remember its number) from Vancouver to Istanbul, and this was the route (as described by Hudson who was with me)
We took off from YVR, headed north-east into Northern Alberta, then eventually over northern Saskatchewan and Nunavoot, then over Hudson Bay, the northern islands of Canada, Greenland, then the Atlantic, Norway, Sweden, headed south-east through Denmark, touched the edge of Russia a bit and then kept going south until we landed in Istanbul.
On the way back however, we went from Istanbul heading northeast until we reached Russia, headed east-north east, went pretty close to the pole, then went south east over the eastern part of the Aleutian Islands, then we bore south-east towards the B.C. coast, then we turned strait south into Vancouver.
Why is there such a variation in the route on the return journey? what factors played into this?
note that I described as best I could based on her description of our route because I am blind, an