- Reference - Schwarz's Proof of Clairaut's Theorem
- Define keybindings for org-agenda starting with SPC
- Disable `indent-relative`
- helm-grep-do-git-grep - search only in current dir
- Set intero as default in spacemacs
- Use adaptive wrapping only in one specific major mode
- How would we overcome the sinking problem as sediment builds up around urban areas?
- Why Would an Enemy Army Retreat if they Will Die Anyway
- What is the significance of number 3?
- Who is “Bharat Mata” & why is she having Indian tricolor flag?
- Find entries that use a specific block in their Matrix field?
- Importing data through feed-me plugin, crashing
- It's a long row ahead, boys
- This could be another Riley's Riddle
- A rhyming riddle made by me, is not as good as Riley's can be
- Come to me, I'll give you rest
- What research is this similar to — Deep CNN for generating images by classifying individual pixels — not a GAN
- how to save deep learning model and test it after training?
- Metric and Binary Variable in Cluster Analysis
- what is this round black rock contained in sandstone
Vim Error for Git Commit Message
When using vim as my default editor, I (occasionally) accidentally pull up search (e.g. via /wq instead of :wq). Once I do, I escape out of search, and then exit correctly via :wq. However, when that happens, I see the following error message:
hint: Waiting for your editor to close the file... error: There was a problem with the editor 'vi'.
Please supply the message using either -m or -F option.
I'm trying to understand why vi is not exiting correctly, or how I can fix it to exit correctly even after a failed search.
I am using macOS High Sierra.
VIM - Vi IMproved 8.0 (2016 Sep 12, compiled Nov 29 2017 18:37:46)
Included patches: 1-503, 505-680, 682-1283
Steps to reproduce:
> git commit
vim> My Commit Message
Thanks for the help.