- When applying the discriminator loss to the generator of a GAN, do the gradients of the discriminator matter?
- Handling missing values to optimize polynomial features
- Strange Behavior for trying to Predict Tennis Millionaires with Keras (Validation Accuracy)
- Convolutional neural network for gray images
- using regression model to optimize teams working on work items
- Test predictive power of classes in multiclass classification
- Description matching between two columns
- How to build a bootstrap 4 menu
- How to use Kinect With Arduino
- Solenoid “vibrates” instead of pushing
- DME available range and why do we need EFC?
- What is this aeroplane - not a Blackbird?
- How to move multiple UV's face together to the 2D cursor
- Selective ray visibility
- 3D texture (UVW map to UV map?)
- Viewport offsets when existing fly mode
- Crime Data in Canada
- How can I find a sequence of opcodes in IDA?
- “to the benefit of” VS “for the benefit of”
- why is there a difference between these 2 sentences
Vim Error for Git Commit Message
When using vim as my default editor, I (occasionally) accidentally pull up search (e.g. via /wq instead of :wq). Once I do, I escape out of search, and then exit correctly via :wq. However, when that happens, I see the following error message:
hint: Waiting for your editor to close the file... error: There was a problem with the editor 'vi'.
Please supply the message using either -m or -F option.
I'm trying to understand why vi is not exiting correctly, or how I can fix it to exit correctly even after a failed search.
I am using macOS High Sierra.
VIM - Vi IMproved 8.0 (2016 Sep 12, compiled Nov 29 2017 18:37:46)
Included patches: 1-503, 505-680, 682-1283
Steps to reproduce:
> git commit
vim> My Commit Message
Thanks for the help.