- Django templating practices
- Agile Practices: Code Review - Fail the review or raise an issue?
- Is microoptimization worth it in mobile devices?
- How to best protect from 0 passed to std::string parameters?
- MacOS Mojave hangs creating file
- where Users directory are stored during Mojave installation
- Shadows on the top of my iPhone turn the screen off (iOS 10, 6+)
- Dtrace working but no kernel data can be output?
- On MacOS is there a way to change all Finder background images for icon view back to default?
- Running mc (midnight commander) under su on Mojave
- Changing Text Color in Finder on Mojave Dark Mode?
- Complexity of finding Exact Size Cut-Sets in Bipartite Graphs
- Equivalent formulation of complexity theory in Lambda Calculus?
- How to hide URL for downloadable product in WooCommerce?
- Content Egg Plugin Wordpress Rehub Theme Error
- Use meta box to sort posts on frontend
- Replace Text with hyperlinks
- Changing menu icons
- ACF From & To Date Validations
- How to open modal window when clicking a WP menu link?
What scriptures describe Shiva discussing selling salt in the Banasura story?
The Sri Vaishnava sect has two sub-sects, Thenkalai and Vadakalai. Vadakalais follow the teachings of Vedanta Desikan, whereas Thenkalais follow the teachings of Pillai Lokacharya. My question is about Pillai Lokacharya. In his Prapanna Paritrana, Pillai Lokacharya discusses the importance of Sharanagati or complete surrender to Vishnu, because he is the only adequate protector in the Universe. Pillai Lokacharya explains why Devas are not adequate protectors:
But what about Indra, Brahma and Rudra? an objector may ask. The answer is: it is too true that Indra is the ruler of the three regions, and yet it is too well-known how he is in constant fear of losing this high estate. He is often curse-stricken, pays the penalty, by suffering for Brahmicide, is bound as a captive by Indrajit and allows his sway to get into the hands of such beings as Mahabali. Such then is Indra, weeping and crawling in the dust.
Brahma is no better, for he is assailed by such evil gen